To prepare management accounts and financial statements and ensure all matters relating to financial accounting, Taxation, General Ledger and Regulatory reporting are undertaken in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and other regulatory requirements for the company and related countries.
The Financial Accountant will also be particularly responsible for all aspects of centralized payroll for employees. This includes bi-weekly processing, tax filings, adjustments, journal entries and other deductions and managing the centralized database.
• Provide leadership, monitor staff performance, motivate staff and provide feedback on key management decisions.
• Ensure that adequate financial systems that satisfy the reporting needs of the group are in place.
• Improve the understanding of accounting and financial management issues by all staff within the company by identifying and providing basic accounting and financial management training in liaison with Head of Finance.
• Ensure adequate financial records are maintained within the company by regularly checking the correctness of accounting records.
• Review daily trial balance, monthly and annual financial statements and ensure they are prepared in accordance with statutory, international and financial reporting standards and set internal procedures and report to Head of Finance every week..
• Oversee the management of fixed assets and ensure the accuracy of the fixed asset register for the Group and compute accurate depreciation for the accounts.
• review all reconciliations on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy and agreement to the general ledger.
• Ensure all receivable and payable accounts are properly analyzed and cleared promptly.
• Participate in the preparation of timely monthly management reports and where necessary work with the Head of Finance to prepare financial reports for the group and other data as needed.
• Compute product costing , analyze product and company performance and advise management accordingly.
• Deputize the Financial Controller when absent from office.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Statistics, Economics or any other related discipline from a recognized University.
• A Full Accounting professional qualification such as ACCA, CIMA, CPA, CFA or an equivalent.
• A Master’s degree in Business Administration or other related discipline would be an added advantage.
Related Job Experience:
• At least 4 years’ experience in accounting or auditing, 3 of which should have been in a management position.
• Payroll Management experience would be an added advantage.
• Ability to travel to other offices.
• Strong data Management and analytical skills
• Financial Modeling skills
• Advanced computer skills
• Oral and written communication skills
• Excellent report writing skills
• Sound judgment and decision making skills
• Planning and organization skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• The person should be of high morals and integrity.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below. All applications shall be marked: “Finance Accountant”. E-mails that exceed 2MB will not be considered.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
People Performance Group
Plot 8 Kitante Close
P.O. Box 12405 Kampala