Department : Exports
Reports to : General Manager
Responsible For :
Deputy Head Exports, Head Customer Relations - Exports
Purpose of the Position:
To plan, implement, moderate, coordinate, monitor and develop customer relation solutions and provide sustainable customer oriented services.
Strategy development & Planning
• Assesses weaknesses and strengths of the team on a regular basis
• Assesses opportunities and threads on a regular basis
• Avails the SWOT Analysis to the General Manager on a regular basis
• Supports the continuous improvement process by regular suggestions for improvement
Providing Marketing Services
• Establishes opportunities for business expansion through interaction with existing clients
• Monitors the business development of existing clients.
• Identifies causes of client loss and decreasing business volumes of existing clients in order to come up with ways of averting future client/business loss.
• Issues quotations to existing clients.
• Attends social gatherings in order to network and increase customer contact
Budget and Plans Implementation
• Implements planned budgets, existing and newly developed procedures and decisions endorsed by management
Maintaining Customer care services
• Analyzes and suggests improvements of work procedures in relation to clients' needs in a bid to improve /maintain quality of service
• Advises as well as assists in solving problems occurring in the department.
• Coordinates client visits of all team members.
• Sends client visit schedules on a weekly basis.
• Attends client visits.
• Ensures proper client visit reporting.
• Issues client complaint forms and maintains the client complaint resister,
• Ensures relevant documents and information is obtained well in time, prior to dispatch of the goods.
• Oversees the follow-up for outstanding payments.
• Ensures all criteria for release of documents are fulfilled in time
Staff supervision, training & Development
• Mentors and coaches the team
• Monitors subordinate activities.
• Ensures staff are on time
• Authorizes staff leave in the Department.
• Disciplines staff.
• Allocates duties and tasks.
• Issues targets, monitors progress on targets and vets the performance.
Receives and checks status reports from the department
Responsibility for assigned adhoc duties
Performs any other duties that may from time to time be assigned by the immediate supervisor
• A University Degree in Business Administration, Commerce or Economics.
• A Post-graduate qualification in Business Administration and Management or Economics is desirable.
• Good knowledge in Clearing and Forwarding;
• Good Computer Skills and knowledge;
• Must have demonstrable detailed understanding of Business strategy, operations and achievement or results;
• A minimum of seven (7) years working experience, four (4) of which must have been in a reputable Clearing &Forwarding or Shipping Company.
• High integrity, self-driven and able to set own work schedule with rigorous deadlines.
• Proven ability in effective people management and customer care.
• Ability to initiate and complete assignments and to work under demanding circumstances with minimal supervision.
• Strong organization, supervisory, problem-solving, interpersonal, communication, leadership as well as team building and negotiation skills.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or email below: Please indicate the position
applied for in the subject line.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to
People Performance Group, Plot 8 Kitante Close, Kitante, P.O. Box 12405, Kampala, Uganda