The Embassy of Sweden in Kampala has a broad mandate to promote Swedish-Ugandan relations through political dialogue, development cooperation, trade and investment, cultural exchange and through service to Swedish and foreign citizens with issues related to Swedish authorities. Sweden is strengthening its engagement with Uganda in the area of trade and investment, and has embarked on a new programming period of its bilateral development cooperation. We are looking for new professional staff to join our team. We offer our staff a competitive package of benefits. The Embassy of Sweden adheres to a policy of equal rights and non-discrimination.
The Embassy of Sweden in Kampala is recruiting an Assistant Controller/Accountant. The position is shared between the development cooperation section and the administrative section.
Development cooperation section (80%)
• Monthly financial follow-up and reporting
• Quality assurance of payments and invoices
• Focal point for administrative systems related to aid management
• Support in procurement and audit processes
• Support in risk assessments and anti-corruption measures
Administrative section (20%)
• Book-keeping and account reconciliation
• Salary administration
• Support the budget and financial follow-up process
• Support in procurement processes
• Documented advanced academic degree in economics, finance, accounting or other relevant field;
• At least 5 years of relevant professional experience of financial management;
• Demonstrated ability to analyse financial data;
• Proficiency in Excel;
• Ability to adopt new software and financial management systems;
• ACCA or CPA certification is an added advantage but not a requirement.
• Sound analytical capacity;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Excellent command of English;
• Good interpersonal skills and experience of working in a multicultural environment;
• Ability to adhere to rules and regulations of the Embassy of Sweden;
• Motivation to promote Swedish policies and values.
To apply please e-mail CV and cover letter explaining your suitability for the post and how they meet the requirements, incl. 3 work related referees and copies of certificates to the address below. Attachments may not fill more than 2 MB.
Clearly mark in subject field or on envelope: “Embassy of Sweden – Position name” where you replace “position name” with the position you are applying for.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
People Performance Group
Plot 8 Kitante Close, Kitante
P.O. Box 12405, Kampala