We are an Insurance Brokerage Company, Insurance Brokers Ltd. We do seek your recruitment service to recruit staff to be in charge of business growth and client service for the medical Insurance department.
Reports To: Operations Manager
Supervises: Account Service Executives
Interacts With: Internal:
• General Manager
• Operations team
• Business Development
• Finance and Administration Team
• HR and Admin External:
• Prospective clients
• Service Providers: hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, medical specialists, practitioners.
• Insurance Institute of Uganda
• Insurance Regulatory Authority
Job Purpose: To ensure business growth, promote efficient service delivery and technical training of the team through on job mentoring and coaching to achieve the desired department results.
• Responsible for performance and growth of the Medical unit through business retention and organic growth of current business
• Benchmark market activities and trends in medical insurance
• Follow up new business leads to achieve business unit targets
• Manage and enhance relationships with clients to achieve high customer service standards including handling and resolving of customer issues.
• Customize insurance programs to suit individual clients covering a variety of risks.
• Preparation of departmental budgetary estimates and monthly management reports
• Responsible for the accuracy of documentation/ information shared with both insurers and clients.
• Manage business unit credit control/debt collection
• Responsible for coordinating client sensitization and health/wellness talks
• Organize monthly business unit meeting.
• Responsible for the roll out and administration of the client’s medical scheme in line with the implementation plan.
• Ensure that the medical schemes are renewed in time as per technical procedures manual.
• Responsible for analysis of quotations received from Insurance Companies and make appropriate amendments/recommendations before presenting to clients.
• Ensure effective client service and provide professional advice to clients ensuring that they are fully aware of the ramifications of any relevant provisions of the Insurance Act, policy document and or industry practice.
• Supervise the day to day activities of the department to ensure productivity and efficiency of service delivery.
• Ensure proper and accurate custody of clients’ records
• Provide supervisory, technical training and guiding role to the account service executives to maintain a high level of integrity, increase skills level, client service and performance of the department.
• Carry out any other duties as assigned by management.
Education & Experience: • A business-related Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
• Must possess a Diploma in insurance or its equivalent
• At least 5 years practical experience in Insurance Industry
Skills & Competencies: • In-depth and strong working knowledge of insurance underwriting
• Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Must be confident and well organized.
• Must have integrity and high sense of ethical responsibility.
• Ability to lead and manage a team
• Demonstrate an understanding of key laws and regulations relating to insurance in Uganda
• Good business management practices
• Strong attention to detail
• Flexible, responsive and decisive.
• Good negotiation skills
To apply please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
Kazi jobs website