Our client is an insurance brokering company in Uganda dealing in general insurance, life, pension and medical schemes. In an effort to boost service delivery to their clients, they are looking for proactive and vibrant professionals to join their team in the following position.
DIVISION Group Services Divison
RESPONSIBLE TO: Country Financial Controller
Ensure that debts are collected within prescribed period and non-payment risks are minimized.
1. Ensures that the company clients' debts are well managed by developing credit and debt control procedures and guidelines.
2. Traces and pursues lost debtors and where possible, assess capacity to settle debts
3. Liaise with service providers to ensure debts and credit is handled effectively
4. Ensure effective debt collection performance and accuracy of debtors records
5. Ensure that the issue of receipts/invoices is correctly and accurately recorded in the company's accounting system
6.· Ensure that all money received is properly receipted , recorded and banked.
7. . Deal with, resolve and respond to appropriate enquiries from clients regarding debts
8. Review delinquent accounts to determine the best possible resolution.
9. Contact delinquent clients and assertively communicate to obtain payment promises from debtors
10. Follow-up on payment promises to secure on-going arrangements and firmly re-negotiate with debtors who have broken payment plans
11. Check that allocations are done on daily basis
12 Ensure that statements are centrally produced and sent directly to clients
13. Ensure clients database is up to date that includes customers with balances beyond prescribed time.
14. Attending to divisional credit control meeting and debt collectors meetings as and when required
15. Perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences of relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work-related referees including the most recent or current employer to the address or e-mail below. E-mails that exceed 2 MB will not be considered.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.