Our client is group of development agencies working in economic, social and cultural development. It is one of the largest manufacturer of generic ethical pharmaceuticals in the East African Region with a reputation for providing quality products at an affordable price. To improve accessibility to affordable and quality health care products in the Region by focusing on; critical therapeutic segments, reliable and consistent service to customers and local manufacturing of newer more effective molecules, they are looking to recruit.
LOCATION: Kampala, Uganda
REPORTING TO: Chief Executive Officer
EXPECTATIONS OF THE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT/SALES MANAGER
The person will have full responsibility and accountability for the day to day running of the nutraceutical business including delivering the profitability as per the approved five year strategic plan (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and investments). The manager will be intimately involved in working the General Manager and the CEO to develop and implement the long term plans for the Nutraceutical Sector.
Main responsibilities will be to develop and implement strategies to grow the business and will include:
• Driving sales and marketing to achieve the performance targets
• Developing a growing base of loyal customers
• Prepare and oversee the implementation of approved marketing/sales plans
• To identify new business opportunities i.e.
a) New products identification, development and launch.
b) New markets (geographical expansion)
c) New customers (institutions, NGO’s etc)
• Developing successful relationships with stakeholders that can have an impact on the growth of the organization, e.g. Government ministries, Regulatory authorities, Trade Associations, specific NGO’s, key customers, etc.
• Ensuring that all financial and management reporting is done accurately and in a timely manner.
• Working within the ethical and moral framework of the AKDN.
PROFILE OF THE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT/SALES MANAGER
The ideal candidate will have the following profile
• Self-motivated and results driven
• Dynamic and hands on experienced manager
• Able to drive a team to achieve results
• Experience of working within a multi-cultural environment
• Strong ethical and moral principles
• Strong customer relation skills
• Eloquent with excellent presentation skills
• A degree in sales/marketing, economics or basic science
• Minimum 5 years selling experience (FMCG and added advantage)
• Proven ability to lead a team
To apply please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below.
E-mails that exceed 2MB will not be considered.
Address: Plot 8 Kitante Close P.O. Box 12405 Kampala.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.