Job title: Duration: 2 Months (May/June)
Department: Field Research
Reports to: Research Associate
Work Location: Central, Western, Eastern Regions of Uganda
Closing Date: 9/04/2018
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
IPA Uganda plans to conduct a baseline survey on the impact of the "Solar Suitcase" on the quality of maternal care and the reliability of electricity in rural health care facilities in Uganda. IPA seeks to hire Study Enumerators who will be responsible for collecting high quality data from the study health facilities. The study enumerators will conduct in-person interviews with health workers, and conduct observations of labor and deliveries. The applicant must hold a Certificate or Diploma in Comprehensive Nursing or Midwifery. The nature of the assignment requires one to stay within close proximity of the health facility. S/he must be willing to work and reside in remote settings with limited basic amenities.
Responsibilities will include the following:
• Attend trainings to understand how to comprehensively collect data using the data collection tools
• Conduct interviews with health facility staff at all levels
• Maintain regular and clear records of the observation processes
• Maintain constant communication with supervisor on the progress and challenges of the observation process
• Maintain compliance with all organizational policies and procedures
• Perform any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Possession of a minimum of a Diploma or certificate in: (1) Comprehensive Nursing or (2) Midwifery obtained within the last 2 years from an accredited institution.
• Experience in conducting child birth (preferred).
• Experience in conducting research in areas of public health, medicine or any other relevant subject area (Preferred)
• Fluency in English, and at least one of these local languages: Luganda, Lusoga, Japadhola and Runyankore
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with health facility staff and patients preferably in the local language.
• Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude
• Ability and willingness to work at night for 6 days a week
• Willingness to reside and work in remote settings
• Strong writing and analytical skills and able to work with minimum supervision
• Demonstrated commitment to IPA’s high standards of data quality;
• Desired: Experience in collecting electronic data using tablets
Interested applicants meeting the above requirements should complete the following application at this link:
You must attach:
(1) a CV - max 2 pages (only include relevant work experience)
(2) a cover letter - max 1 page
(3) Only your Certificate or Diploma certifications.
There is an attachment limit of 4 pages for all documents, so please only attach your most relevant documents.