Application Closing Date: Saturday, April 7th
Work Location: Kampala
Duration: Three weeks starting immediately
Reports to: Research Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is conducting an evaluation of the long-term impact of a leadership and entrepreneurship program implemented by Educate!. The evaluation will examine the impact of the entrepreneurial training on a variety of youths’ life outcomes aimed to help young people in Uganda to overcome obstacles to successful entrepreneurship and labor market participation, and ultimately improving their livelihoods and socioeconomic security.
The consultant is needed to analyze and evaluate video recordings of study participants. This position offers an excellent opportunity for professionals with experience in the public and academic sector to exercise their knowledge in assessing the characteristics of people who are joining the labor market. The right candidate will have an eye for nuanced human behavior, is detail-oriented and precise, an excellent communicator and self-starting. The individual will work in partnership with Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA), University of California (UC Berkeley) and Educate!.
Responsibilities and duties include the following:
• Watching video recordings of study participants and assess the recordings based on specific guidelines
• Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor;
• Maintain compliance with all organizational policies and procedures
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• An post graduate degree in Business studies or related field
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• At least 5 years of working experience in public or academic sector
• Excellent computer proficiency
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude
• Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practises.
Interested applicants meeting the above requirements should submit a CV (max 2 pages), academic certificates and a cover letter (max 1 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be received on a rolling basis.