Our client a Logistics and Facilities management company is looking to hire a Site manager.
Responsible to: Project manager
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Cleaning Manager has overall responsibility for the day-to-day cleaning operations of sites ensuring they are clean and safe for staff and visitors.
The Cleaning Supervisor directly manages a team of 0ver 50 staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The main duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide a high standard of cleanliness throughout the sites.
- Ensure that identified areas of the sites receive priority.
- Supervise and direct staff including the daily allocation of duties/general direction and checking of work throughout the day.
- Promote Health and Safety within the team and raise awareness amongst all the staff of appropriate Health and Safety regulations.
- Report any defects/issues to the relevant member of staff for example maintenance issues.
- Maintain stocks and order materials from approved suppliers as necessary.
- Ensure effective and economical use of cleaning materials and equipment.
- Ensure adequate supplies of cleaning materials and equipment are available to staff as required.
- As part of the team take delivery of cleaning products/equipment and relocate to relevant storage areas.
- Keep abreast of developments in cleaning equipment and materials that could improve the service provided.
- Undertake the role of cleaner, where necessary, during periods of understaffing.
- Responsible for ensuring all cleaning staff receive a full induction
- Organise appropriate training – including specialised cleaning for the team.
- Communicate regularly regarding housekeeping, staffing or any other issues - Initial investigation and reporting of absences.
- Reorganize staff schedules to cover areas during holidays, sickness and changes in weather conditions.
- Carry out administrative duties e.g. change of rotas, on-line ordering.
- Check on a daily basis that all areas of the school are cleaned to a satisfactory standard.
- Supervise and participate in deep cleaning schedules, as required.
- Interview/recruit new staff with the project manager.
- Motivate and encourage staff to work efficiently and achieve a high standard of work.
- Assist with requests from parents, pupils and members of staff.
- Liaise with Logistics Manager on issues with service providers
- Liaise with outside contractors and services
- Maintain confidentiality at all times in respect of school related matters and to prevent disclosure of confidential or sensitive information.
- Supervise staff for two large scale weekend events each year.
Skills and Attributes Required:
• Previous experience in a cleaning environment
• Previous experience of managing a team
• The ability to implement and adhere to standards and procedures
• Health and Safety experience including Health and Safety and Manual Handling
• Basic office skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Smart appearance and professional manner
• Resilience, with the ability to work under pressure
• Demonstrate a high level of discretion and confidentiality
• cleaning qualification or equivalent is also desirable, but not essential
Should be able to speak French and English
3 years working experience
Degree in any business related course
To apply please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below.
E-mails that exceed 2MB will not be considered.
Address: People Performance Group Plot 8 Kitante Close P.O. Box 12405 Kampala.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.