Living Goods supports networks of ‘Avon-like’ micro-entrepreneurs who go door-to-door teaching families how to improve their health and wealth while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook stoves, and solar lights. Living Goods seeks nothing less than a disruptive reinvention of distribution in emerging markets, through networks of franchised micro-entrepreneurs who leverage Living Goods’ brand, buying power and mobile marketing tools to deliver vital products at accessible prices to the people who need them most. By combining the best practices from the worlds of micro-enterprise, franchising and public health, Living Goods is creating a fully sustainable system to improve the health, and wealth, of underserved communities.
Life at Living Goods
Living Goods is aiming to make disruptive changes, dramatically improving the lives of underserved communities. We think big, but we operate small and nimble. At Living Goods, you will have the chance to use your creativity and work with your teammates to conceive and test new ideas every day. If you work well in a dynamic, highly collaborative culture, if you set high standards for yourself and your colleagues, if you know how to fail fast and learn fast, if you meet challenges with calm determination and a sense of humor, you will thrive at Living Goods.
For more information about Living Goods, please visit:
Our Client Living Goods (LG) has an exciting opportunity and seeks an IT professional to coordinate new IT initiatives and ensure proper roll out across our network of Community Health Promoters (CHPs) and potential new partners. This role is critical to our efforts to scale our impact and achieve our mission through high impact user focused technology...
The IT Projects Manager will plan, organize, and integrate cross-functional information technology projects that are significant in scope and impact and will also coordinate the work of other IT and administrative staff to deliver new systems/software. The core elements of the job are about organizing people and time resources, and seeing projects through from inception to completion.
Up to 30% upcountry travel required
• Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
• Develop detailed project plans, goals, and budgets; identifying resources needed and perform risk management to minimize project risks
• Organise and manage all phases of the project to ensure on-time completion, within scope and within budget
• Initiate, review, or approve modifications to project plans.
• Develop schedules and methods for tracking projects and measuring results
• Prepare project status reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Schedule and facilitate meetings related to information technology projects.
• Identify need for initial or supplemental project resources.
• Coordinate recruitment or selection of project personnel.
• Prepare requests for proposals and conduct all necessary meetings to facilitate selection of project services and products
• Plan and oversee the preparation and dissemination of project communications.
• Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
Key Performance Indicators/ Performance Goals:
• Number of projects delivered on-time within scope and budget
• 5 years+ of work experience in information technology. A minimum of 1 year in a similar position
• Relevant educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering
• Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
• Proven working experience as a project administrator in the information technology projects. PMP/PRINCE II certification is a plus
• Excellent client-facing and interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrable attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to email@example.com. Please note that only candidates meeting the minimum qualifications will be considered.