Our client a subsidiary of an International Group of Commercial Companies is looking for a Deputy General Manager.
Reports to: General Manager
Based in: Kampala, Uganda
Job Purpose: To support the General Manager in leadership of the organisation. Operationally to be in charge of the Sales & Marketing team and business development. To be the Group Champion as to FML / Leasing and support in rolling out FML in the Group of companies.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
Sales and Marketing Responsibilities
• Formulating a strategy and business plan for FML / leasing in accordance of the GROUP ambition and to be the Champion in the group as to FML / Leasing
• Set up partnership as to FML with leasing companies and banks
• Presenting the financial targets for the Sales & Marketing team for vehicles and FML
• Formulating annual business plans for the business area outlining the local strategy, tactics and financial targets, and presenting
the plan to the Group Operations and Executive Management together with the General Manager
• Regular reporting of results to the Operations and Executive Management and explanation of deviation of the plans
• Direct Customer contact to B2B customers from Private Sector, Government and the Development Sector
• Creating a target oriented business culture with clearly communicated individual targets in the team
• Responsibility for reaching the financial, tactical and strategic targets of the Sales & Marketing team and to work fully after the company’s values, anti-corruption and social policies Business Process Responsibilities
• Management of daily operations in the Sales & Marketing team
• Supporting the GM in leading of Management Team consisting of Financial, Sales, After Sales & Workshop and Marketing Managers
• Ensuring implementation of global Sales Effectiveness Processes and Marketing Processes Human Resource and Talent Development Responsibilities
• Optimizing the organizational structure of the business area
• Establishing clear job descriptions for employees in the team
• Ensuring to formulate individual development plans for employees in the team
• Ensuring the implementation of Balanced Scorecard process individually for employees in the team
• Coaching team in their day-to-day job
• Ensuring the on-going evaluation of the sales skills and competences
• Masters in related field/Professional Certification (desirable)
• Minimum 3-5 years General Management and/or Sales and Marketing Management experience in Leasing industry
• Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit Leadership – sets direction and strategy
• Proven ability to mobilize and motivate people
• Coaching and developing people
• Proven ability to plan and execute
• Market and business understanding
• Planning and organizing
• Drives continuous improvement
• Secures follow-up and results
• Efficient problem solving
With on-going interviews, we urge you to send your applications as soon as possible to email@example.com OR Address: People Performance Group, Plot 8 Kitante Close, P.O. Box 12405 Kampala.
All applications should be marked: ‘Client- Job Title’. E-mails that exceed 2MB will not be considered.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
You may also find the full job description on www.kazijobs.com