Reports to: Back Office Manager
Grade Level: TBD
SUBJECT AND DESCRIPTION
• Assist in the design, planning, implementation and optimization of all enterprise databases.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist in the definition of database architecture and design specifications.
• Work with IT vendors to install, configure, maintain, and upgrade enterprise database systems and related applications.
• Provide support in functionality and acceptance testing during the implementation of enterprise database systems.
• Ensure optimal performance of the organisation’s databases;
Regularly monitor and reconcile the performance of the databases to pre-defined performance thresholds and take appropriate actions where required
Implement established policies and procedures on database management
• Maintain database security and data integrity through the use of access codes and efficient password system.
• Perform regular data backup, and validate integrity of data backup.
• Perform database automation and script writing.
• Investigate and resolve incidents/ requests relating to enterprise databases, and escalate irresolvable faults/ issues to relevant vendors/ suppliers where appropriate.
• Provide support in operating systems trouble shooting.
• Ensure availability of accurate documentation of standards, guidelines and procedures for effectively managing and maintaining the databases.
• Liaise with relevant unit/ team/function in carrying out all relevant activities.
• Attend team/divisional/departmental meetings as required.
• Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Manager, IT Operations Support.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager, IT Operations Support.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• First degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
• Minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience.
To apply, please send your CVs and cover letters to ; firstname.lastname@example.org
While we thank all applicants for applying, only those shortlisted will be contacted.